If you’ve been hurt on the job in Illinois and are struggling to get the injury benefits you deserve, you need an experienced Peru workers’ compensation lawyer from our team who will fight for your best interests. The attorneys from Schweickert Ganassin Krzak Rundio, LLP have over 135 years of combined legal experience and consistently get big results for people who have been hurt at work or injured in other accidents.
You’ve worked hard to get where you are. Don’t let a serious injury ruin your life. Illinois workplaces are legally required to provide workers’ compensation benefits for their employees, but all too often, they make these benefits unreasonably difficult to obtain. You may find your claim denied or refused. You may be treated unfairly when trying to submit a claim. These are the instances when a workers’ compensation lawyer can do the most good.
You may also be facing a situation where your on-the-job injuries were caused by someone’s negligent actions at your workplace. Did a piece of equipment malfunction due to poor maintenance? Did a supervisor incorrectly do their job? In these circumstances, you may find it beneficial to file a work accident claim against your employers in addition to filing for workers’ compensation. We can help in both situations.
Your injury matters, and our lawyers care about getting you what’s fair. When you’ve been hurt, knowing what to do next can feel like an impossible task. But you don’t have to figure things out on your own. Our workers’ compensation attorneys have decades of experience taking on work accident claims. We’ve served thousands of clients and have won hundreds of millions. If you’ve been injured in an accident, contact our law offices today.
What Industry Do You Work In?
When workers are hurt on the job, they need workers’ compensation benefits to cover medical costs and other financial losses. We’ve helped workers in numerous industries, but some of the most common areas for people to get on-the-job accidents are:
- Manufacturing. In this industry, factory workers are in an environment filled with heavy machinery for long periods of time. Some of the Peru manufacturing companies include Eakas and James Hardie. Our lawyers can help you if you’ve had an accident or have an injury from repetitive motion.
- Construction. Construction sites have many dangers that can harm workers when the site isn’t kept safe. Our attorneys understand how complex construction injuries can be. You may receive workers’ compensation benefits but also have a claim against a third party.
- Food Production. If the workers are in an unsafe environment or are working with faulty equipment, they could sustain debilitating injuries. In these cases, you need trusted representation to get the help you deserve.
- Healthcare. Those who work in the healthcare industry do everything to provide the best care for their patients. However, when the environment isn’t kept safe, health care workers can get injured while taking care of patients or if they slip and fall.
- Temporary Work. People who perform temporary work provide crucial help for projects and taking care of jobs that others may not have time to complete. Temporary work is versatile, but this also means employees could face a number of risks and dangers that could result in injury.
- Union Work. If union workers are hurt on the job, we’ll do everything we can to help them get the benefits they deserve. Our combined experience in helping union workers spans over 120 years. Standing up to insurance companies can be daunting for one person, but that’s why we’re here.
Even if you don’t see your industry in the list above, it’s still possible that you’ve sustained work injuries. Our sources below may answer your questions or help you find out what you should do next.
Understanding Workers’ Compensation
We’ve provided links about Peru workers’ compensation information and what it can do for you. When you have a clearer understanding of workers’ compensation, you can tailor your questions for your attorney to include specifics about your case. You won’t have to spend time asking a lot of general questions about workers’ compensation—but if there’s anything you want us to clarify, we’re ready to answer your questions.
- Workers’ compensation FAQ
- Workers’ compensation death benefits
- Types of workers’ comp benefits
- Top 5 myths about workers’ comp in Illinois
- How do I get workers’ compensation in Illinois
With this information in mind, you can apply it if you get an on-the-job injury. However, this doesn’t mean the process will be easy. Having a lawyer at your side will give you a better chance of recovering the benefits you need. Let’s take a look at useful information for worksite injuries.
You’ve Been Injured at Work
You may think the claims process sounds straightforward. In Illinois, all you need to get workers’ compensation is being injured at work. However, you may face resistance from the insurance company. When they question whether or not your injury happened during work or they contest the severity of your injuries, you may find the case much more complex than you originally thought.
To help make your claim as strong as possible, these resources may help you figure out what to do right after you’ve been injured in a work accident.
- Getting medical care after a work injury
- What to do if you’re hurt at work
- Identifying your work injury
- How to report your work injury in Illinois
After you’ve taken these steps, you may want to consider getting in touch with a workers’ compensation lawyer. They’ll be able to help you with the next part of your claim.
The Workers’ Compensation Process
When you’re in the middle of filing a claim, you may have questions about who else will be involved and who will be looking at your claim. Take a look at the information below to find out more about getting workers’ compensation.
- What to do if you can’t return to work
- Dealing with the Illinois workers’ comp commission
- Third-party claims
- What to do if your claim is denied
- How a workers’ compensation attorney can help
- Understanding workers’ compensation hearings
While insurance companies may try to make it difficult for you to get the benefits you deserve, we’ll fight back twice as hard. You deserve benefits after a work injury has upended your life. Our attorneys will stay at your side for the entire process.
Seek Legal Options with Our Firm
We’ve helped countless Illinois workers get their rightful compensation for years. Let us fight for you. The sooner you get legal representation, the sooner we can get started on your case and get you the benefits that will help you recover. Call our offices today for a free consultation. You’ll be able to rest assured that we’re looking out for your best interests.