Mr. Ganassin was admitted to practice law in the State of Illinois in 1987, and he has been representing persons injured or killed at work or in other accidents for his entire career. He has won many of the area's largest jury verdicts and settlements in cases involving wrongful deaths, severe injuries and work-related disabilities. He has successfully represented thousands of injured clients. Mr. Ganassin is an active participant in continuing legal education and teaches others about current issues in personal injury and workers' compensation law.
As a litigator, Mr. Ganassin is well-respected by the judiciary and his opponents. He has practiced in almost every judicial circuit within the State. Mr. Ganassin also practices before the Federal court and he has been admitted to the Federal Trial Bar.
Outside of his professional life, Mr. Ganassin is a Paul Harris Fellow and sustaining member of Rotary International. He also provides financial and hands-on support to St. Bede Academy, St. Paul's Episcopal Church, St. John's Northwestern Military Academy, Loyola University, Lynn University, United Way Charities and the Landmark School. He has been, and remains, a constant supporter of unions and their membership.
Mr. Ganassin has been married for 30 years to his wife, Linda, and they have two boys: Pierce, a student seeking a master's degree in business at City University of London in the United Kingdom, and Parker, an entrepreneur living in Boston, Massachusetts.
Mr. Ganassin has been named one of the top 100 Trial Lawyers selected by the American Trial Lawyers Association. He has also been honored as a Leading Lawyer by his peers through LeadingLawyers.com.
Areas of Practice
- John Marshall Law School, Class of 1987
- Northern Illinois University, Class of 1984
- State of Illinois, 1987
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois, 1988
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, General Bar, 1988
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Trial Bar, 1988
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois, 1988
Clubs & Organizations
- Director, Citizen's Service Organization, 1996-present
- Rotary International
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Leading Lawyers Honoree