Mr. Schweickert's legal experience is focused on municipal law, real estate, construction law, wills and estates. He has represented the City of Peru for over 30 years. Douglas has also represented hundreds of injured persons before the Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission and in civil litigation.
Since 1977, he has represented both municipalities and developers before city councils, village boards, plan commissions, and zoning boards of appeal. Mr. Schweickert has attended hundreds of meetings before municipal units of government. He has litigated numerous zoning, building demolition, eminent domain, and labor law cases at both the trial court and appellate court levels.
Mr. Schweickert has represented sellers, buyers, developers and lenders in thousands of real estate transactions. He is a title agent for Attorneys' Title Guaranty Fund, Inc.
Mr. Schweickert has represented owners, contractors, subcontractors and engineers in over 100 claims, mediations and arbitrations. He has also represented banks and financial institutions his entire career and has served as a director of Hometown National Bank in LaSalle, IL since 1989.
Mr. Schweickert's wife, Rorie, is a practicing CPA in Peru. They have two children: Steven, an accountant who works alongside Rorie in the family accounting business, and Scott, an attorney at Schweickert & Ganassin, LLP.
Areas of Practice
- Municipal Law
- Real Estate Law
- Wills and Estates
- Estate Planning
- Civil Litigation
- University of Illinois College of Law, Summa Cum Laude, Class of 1976
- Bradley University, Summa Cum Laude, Class of 1973
- State of Illinois, 1977
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois, 1977
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 1977
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois, 1977
- United States Federal Court, 1977
Clubs & Organizations
- Title Agent, Attorneys' Title Guaranty Fund (ATG)